Frequently Asked Questions
The College of Education is committed to providing effective advising services to you as an essential component of your educational experience. Our goal as advisors is to offer individualized, course-specific, and general academic assistance for all students. We strive to engage students through a holistic partnership focused on personalized educational and professional goals.
Advising Office: 104 Carmichael Hall
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 – 4:45 (office closed daily for lunch Noon -1)
- Students are responsible for making an appointment with an advisor during the advising period of a semester (March and October). During the Fall 2020 semester students will have the option of scheduling appointment via Calendly. Appointments will be conducted mainly over the telephone and via Zoom.
- Students who are to be advised by an Academic Advisor in the Office of Student Services and Certification should make an appointment with an advisor at one of the following links:
- Students will attend their assigned advising meeting prepared to be an active participant in the advising process and with some prospective classes for the upcoming semester.
- Students will take an active interest in their education plan and the requirements for their chosen major. This includes TEP requirements when applicable.
- Students will be prepared to complete at least one course during the upcoming semester that meets in class. All COVID precautions will be taken.
- Students will take responsibility for course registration promptly at the assigned time.
- Advisors will know the curriculum and communicate degree requirements as well as TEP requirements when applicable.
- Advisors will assist students with course selection for the upcoming semester.
- Advisors will provide an assessment, upon request, regarding when graduation is realistically attainable.
- Advisors will monitor institution, overall, and major GPAs when applicable.
- Advisors will address student concerns and make campus referrals when appropriate.
- Advisors will maintain confidentiality.