The Strategic Plan is a comprehensive document that outlines the tactical goals and objectives used to activate the conduct of the College. The work on the strategic plan was initially conducted by a representative group of faculty and staff and was later given over to COE faculty for consideration and approval. The future of the College is activated in its present day conditions. What the College does today will shape its future. In this way, the strategic plan puts the College on a conceptual arch that will help it to attain new heights of accomplishment and progress. What follows is a brief outline of the plan.
The provision of a first-rate undergraduate experience in all program areas that enables College of Education graduates to fulfill their intellectual, social, and career objectives, that meets all applicable accreditation standards and that offers the latest and most innovative professional insights.
- Increase the overall undergraduate enrollment number
- Offer undergraduate programs that attract and retain a diverse student population
- Offer undergraduate programs that attract and develop highly accomplished academic students
- Support strong academic preparation, advising and career placement services
- Ensure financial support for students enrolled in COE undergraduate programs
- Encourage opportunities to social interact and collaborate with faculty on various initiatives
The provision of premier graduate and professional programs in the program areas of the College that prepare researchers and leaders for work in university settings and in a variety of other education-related and health-related contexts.
- Support student selectivity criteria for admission into the College’s graduate programs
- Increase the enrollments in selective degree programs
- Support student success and satisfaction rates for students enrolled in graduate degree programs
- Support success and satisfaction rates for students enrolled in the COE’s graduate degree programs
- Support academic advising and course offerings for graduate students
- Ensure institutional support for graduate students
- Ensure doctoral graduates are gaining appointments congruent with their training
RESEARCH AND SCHOLARSHIP
The advancement of research, scholarly and artistic productivity by faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- Promote the dissemination and production of scholarly and creative work
- Encourage and reward the pursuit of external funding sources for research
- Strengthen the research preparation of graduate students
- Strengthen and support faculty service to the research community
The enhanced visibility of public engagement in the work of the College, especially as it relates to bringing improvements to schools, families and communities.
- Promote public engagement and outreach by faculty and staff
- Establish partnerships with key constituencies across the state
- Strengthen the participation and support of alumni and donors in the conduct of the College
THE WORKPLACE AND TEACHING ENVIRONMENT
The development of quality improvements to the workplace and learning environment of the College in ways that support the mission and values of the COE.
- Advance the visibility of and response to faculty and staff concerns
- Promote healthy social interactions between faculty, staff and students
- Provide strong institutional support for teaching and learning
- Improve on faculty recruitment and retention successes