Assistant Professor, Instructional Technology
Department of Educational Leadership, Policy and Technology Studies
Instructional Technology, Master of Arts
- Instructional Design and Technology
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Instructional Design Project Management
- Teaching presence
- Student engagement
- PhD, Instructional Leadership, University of Alabama
- Instructional Technology concentration
- MS, Interactive Technology, University of Alabama
- MA, Journalism, The Ohio State University
- BA, English, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- James E. McLean Outstanding Paper Award, Mid-South Educational Research Association
Laura McNeill, Ph.D. is an assistant professor at the University of Alabama in the College of Education, Department of Educational Leadership, Policy, and Technology. She also serves as the program coordinator for the Instructional Technology master’s degree program. Dr. McNeill holds a Ph.D. in Instructional Leadership with a concentration in Instructional Technology from the University of Alabama.
Previously, Dr. McNeill served as a senior instructional designer at Regions Bank, Ascension Healthcare, the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Texas A&M’s School of Law, and the University of Alabama. She is currently an instructional design consultant for the Jefferson County Department of Health.
Dr. McNeill’s research interests include teaching presence and student engagement in online, asynchronous courses, as well as microlearning and gamification. Dr. McNeill teaches a range of graduate and undergraduate courses, including Instructional Technology Design, Online Teaching and Learning, and Project Management. She also coordinates the instructional technology internship program.
Dr. McNeill is the author of several books, including HarperCollins suspense novels Center of Gravity and Sister Dear.