College of Education Portfolio Requirement
The education profession must have rigorous standard and criteria for bestowing certification and degrees. The College of Education has designed a process where all certification candidates, regardless of degree level, are required to submit an electronic portfolio in Student Learning and Licensure (SLL) at Checkpoint 1 (program entry), Checkpoint 2 (program progression), and Checkpoint 3 (program completion). This electronic portfolio ensures that candidates have met all required standards (e.g., Capstone Principles, InTASC Standards, CAEP Advanced Standards, the National Board Professional Teaching Standards, ISTE Standards, etc.) applicable to their certification and degree program.
Please note the following:
- All portfolios, regardless of the checkpoint, must be submitted in Student Learning and Licensure (SLL).
- All required standards must be met at Checkpoint 3 with a minimum score of 2 (Developing) on all elements of the Portfolio Rubric and the Dispositions Rubric for the candidate’s degree level in order to graduate and qualify for certification.
- Certification preparation program faculty will conduct all assessments of a candidate’s portfolio, regardless of the checkpoint, in Student Learning and Licensure (SLL).
Checkpoint Due Dates
About Student Learning & Licensure
- Student Learning & Licensure Membership – https://youtu.be/-y6OEDN7Xis
- Student Learning & Licensure Account Settings & Profile Image – https://youtu.be/tdo8A4170R0
- “In Progress” – https://youtu.be/cuH8Zn2FrD8
- “Timeline” – https://youtu.be/QBt2B6F9XSo]
- Showcase (Portfolio) – https://youtu.be/pSwILFJjlZ0
Program Rubrics Overview in the College of Education by Dr. Stephen Tomlinson
Dr. Karen Spector’s
College of Education Portfolio Course Checkpoints
The College of Education (COE) holds four dispositions that advance the expectations of students to become effective, ethical, and reflective professionals. The four dispositions are discussed by the COE Ambassadors in these videos.
Showcase of Resources
- Graduate Student (MA and EdS) Resources (GEO Video, Code of Ethics, etc.)
- Starting Summer 2023, all incoming candidates to their program will use the pre-populated templates in Student Learning and Licensure.
- Candidates that started their program PRIOR to Summer 2023, can reference the links below for guidance on what artifacts go into your portfolio on the “program templates” tab.
- Initial Certification Candidates (BSE and ALTMA)
- Advanced Certification Candidates (MA and EdS)