The Master’s in Instructional Technology is an online degree program for individuals who wish to increase their understanding of technology’s role in teaching, learning, design, and training. This online degree is designed to prepare individuals in the state, nation, and the world to use current and emerging technologies and instructional strategies to create effective learning environments. The degree prepares individuals for positions in instructional technology, educational technology, instructional design, and training in business and industry.
Applicants to the Master’s in Instructional Technology must apply to the Graduate School for admission. To apply, connect to the Graduate School site at http://graduate.ua.edu/application/. Follow the online instructions, complete the required forms, and provide appropriate transcripts.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. For the application to be processed for each semester, the application should be submitted no later than:
- July 10th for Fall admission
- November 10th for Spring admission
- April 10th for Summer admission
Apply here: http://graduate.ua.edu
Candidates for the master’s degree must earn a minimum of 30 semester hours of credit.
Candidates must complete a digital portfolio as a comprehensive examination.
There are 21 required hours (7 courses) and 9 elective hours (3 courses) of CAT/INTE hours; one elective course may be taken outside the INTE program, from other programs/colleges at The University of Alabama, with advisor approval.
- CAT 531 -Computer Based Instructional Technologies
- INTE 532 – Instructional Technology Design
- INTE 533 – Online Teaching and Learning
- INTE 534 – Issues and Trends in Instructional Technology
- INTE 535 – Analysis, Implementation, and Evaluation of Assistive Technology
- INTE 536 – Assessment and Evaluation in Instructional Technology
- INTE 589 – Instructional Technology Research and Product Development
- INTE 537 – Game-Based Learning
- INTE 538 – mLearning
- INTE 539 – Special Topics in Instructional Technology
- INTE 540 – Planning and Managing Technology Projects
- INTE 541 – IT Leadership and Administrative Technology
- Courses outside the INTE program with advisor approval