Skip to content Where Legends Are Made
Education Apply to UA Make a Gift
female teacher working with a student at the student's desk

Emergency Certificate

An individual cannot request an Emergency Certificate. The Emergency Certificate may ONLY be requested by an employing Alabama county/city superintendent or eligible nonpublic/private school administrator for an individual who has earned at least a bachelor’s degree from a senior institution that was regionally accredited at the time the degree was earned. This is a two-year certificate that can be requested for an additional two years if necessary. This certificate does not lead to Alabama professional certification.