The Capstone Education Society is an alumni association at The University of Alabama and is an affiliate organization of the Capstone Foundation. It was established in 1974 as a not-for-profit organization to provide a means by which alumni and friends could support the efforts of the College of Education at The University of Alabama. The Society supports the College of Education as it strives to produce first-rate, nationally recognized programs, the highest academic standard among its students, and excellence at all levels of education throughout the State of Alabama and the nation.
The purpose of the Society is
- to support the mission of the College of Education,
- to serve as a forum for the exchange of ideas to improve educational opportunities for Alabama citizens through the use of innovative technology,
- to fund various College programs and activities,
- to support professional development among faculty and students,
- to provide scholarships,
- to recognize faculty for their academic excellence,
- to recognize alumni for their significant contributions to education, and
- and to help finance publications of the College magazine.
Membership in the Society shall be open to all alumni, faculty, students, and friends of the College of Education at The University of Alabama who have an interest in advancing the quality of education provided by the College. A membership contribution entitles an individual to a 12-month membership dating from the month of the initial contribution.
- Graves Hall Partner $5,000 and above
1928 Circle $1,000 – $4,999
- Dean’s Challenge $500 – $999
- McLure Order $250 – $499
- Educator Ally $100 – $249
- College Supporter $75 – $99
- A complimentary one-year membership shall be given to each member of the most recent class of the College of Education’s graduates.
Board of Directors
- Dr. Faron Hollinger
, Executive Director
- Mrs. Alice Nabors Cusimano
- Dr. Phillip B. Hammonds, Jr.
- Mrs. Jill Gudger Howell
- Mrs. Sabrina Keating
- Mrs. Marian Loftin
- Dr. Eric Mackey
- Dr. J. Carlton Smith