You can be a part of the Graves Hall Renovation by purchasing a brick to honor, commemorate, or congratulate a special person or to recognize a special time in your own life. This would be an excellent gift to a new graduate, a loved one, a special teacher, or anyone who has had a lasting impact on your life. The brick, with its patented laser engraving process, is assured to last.
Proceeds from this campaign will continue to enhance Graves Hall for years to come and ensure that our students remain at the top of their class. The Graves Hall Landing holds a prominent location on campus to recognize the accomplishments of educators and supporters of education.
- 4 x 8 TEXT ONLY ENGRAVED BRICK – $100.00 [3 lines of text/20 characters per line]
- 8 x 8 TEXT ONLY ENGRAVED BRICK – $200.00 [6 lines of text/20 characters per line]
Frequently Asked Questions
How long after I place an order will my brick be installed? Bricks will be sectioned and installed throughout the year as orders are received.
How will I be able to find my engraved bricks? Your order will be sectioned into the designated area and you will receive a locator letter and a map depicting where your bricks will be installed.
After I place my order can I change the text? You will receive a verification letter in the mail shortly after you place your order. If you wish to make any changes to your text it has to be done on this verification. If you make changes to your text on the verification letter a new one will be created and mailed to you to ensure that the new text is what you want. You will have to return this second verification before engraving can begin. We require these returned verifications because we want to make sure that your brick looks the way you want it to.
Because the Graves Hall Landing Brick Program is a fundraising event, how do I get the tax information necessary to claim this gift? Your brick sponsorship is tax deductible and you will receive a letter from the University indicating your tax benefit.
If I order a brick and then change my mind, how can I cancel the order? All brick order sales are final and orders cannot be cancelled or refunded.
The University of Alabama has established guidelines for brick inscriptions in order to safeguard the undeniably positive image that we all exude. The University reserves the right to review and approve all inscriptions before the brick is engraved. Please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that your personalized brick will be approved.
- No obscenities or profanities.
- No acronyms that could be construed as obscene or profane.
- No derogatory messages based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- No sexually explicit messages or double entendre.
- No derogatory message regarding The University or other schools.
- No derogatory message regarding any individual or entity.
- No political messages.
- Your brick inscription will be engraved in all UPPERCASE letters.