The Office of Clinical Experiences (OCE) was established to coordinate the placement of undergraduate students, alternative certification program students, and graduate program students enrolled in educator preparation programs requiring field placements and internships. Major relationships have been established with principals and instructional supervisors in local school systems in the west Alabama area and, to a limited extent, other school systems in Alabama.
COVID and Placements
UA Students that receive a confirmed clinical placement through the Office of Clinical Experiences (OCE) in the College of Education should contact Dr. Tammy C. Brown in order to report health issues, UA directives, and positive test results related to COVID-19.
Include placement details, course number, and CWID in the email.
COE clinical experience students should not contact placement site personnel; instead, the OCE will correspond about assigned placements.
UA Students will continue to report as instructed by UA regarding COVID-19 and/or call the COVID-19 hotline to address medical concerns. UA students will still be responsible for contacting UA course instructors if instructed to do so.
If students have questions or need to make a report they must email Dr. Brown. firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: Dr. Tammy Brown
Main Office: 101 Graves
CMT Program 2021-2022
Faculty Field Experiences Requests
Student Field Experiences Forms
Teacher Internship Handbook
All candidates must meet the following criteria prior to internship:
- Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Satisfactory completion of all methods and appropriate professional course work
- with a grade of “C” or better.
- Completed all courses in the major or have written permission from advisor and Department Chair to intern (See form CE #148).
- Removal of all incomplete (“I”) grades in required courses on transcript.
- Taken and passed all required Praxis content area test. (104 Carmichael must have verification of a passing score.)
- The Alabama State Department of Education and the College of Education require all students to be fingerprinted prior to internship. • Successful mastery of required standards in all courses completed prior to internship and verification of these standards in Via by Watermark. • Verification of 150 hours of field experience of which 90 hours are in 3 hour increments.
All candidates completing requirements for Class B certification must meet the following criteria prior to internship:
- Minimum of 2.75 overall GPA on all work attempted at UA and UA plus transfer. Unless program of study specifies otherwise.
- Minimum of 2.75 overall GPA on all work attempted at UA and UA plus transfer in the teaching field. Unless program of study specifies otherwise.
- Minimum of 2.75 overall GPA on all work attempted at UA and UA plus transfer in the professional education courses.
All candidates completing requirements for Class A certification must meet the following criteria prior to internship:
- Alternative Certification students must have been admitted to the graduate school.
- Alternative Certification students must have completed all undergraduate deficiencies.
- Alternative Certification students must have a minimum of 2.75 graduate GPA in their teaching field and a minimum of 2.75 GPA in their education courses. • Alternative Certification students must have their 12 hours in their teaching field completed prior to internship.
- Alternative Certification students must have an overall 3.0 GPA in all graduate
- work attempted.
Preparing for an Internship
Preparing for an Elementary Field Experience
Clinical Experiences Staff
C.O.S.T. Support/Field Experience Support
Initial Placements/Financial Support
Graduate Placements/Graves Building Rep.