General COVID Resources
- Get the latest information at healthinfo.ua.edu.
- Apply for emergency assistance or donate to students in need.
- UA is allowing students to complete their semester courses on a pass/fail basis. Check your email and healthinfo.ua.edu for more information as it becomes available.
- The deadline to drop a class with a W has been extended through April 24.
- UA Libraries offers full access to its numerous resources – journals, databases, streaming video, ebooks, librarian assistant, etc. – online for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These resources include video tutorials about using the library’s online resources and the Ask-A-Librarian feature.
- Use the Writing Center’s online appointments to help with essays and papers.
- Get online tutoring in a variety of subjects through the Capstone Center for Student Success.
- The Career Center is offering virtual appointments and virtual career fairs.
- New to learning online? Use this online learning orientation from The College of Continuing Studies, which includes helpful tips for using Blackboard, guidance on how to create an appropriate workspace, tips for being a successful online learner, and links to campus resources.
- Check out these tips for distance learning from UA News.
- Visit OIT’s website for distance learning tools, including links to software, tips for distance learning, and links to discounted or free Wi-Fi services available to students as part of the FCC’s Keep Americans Connected pledge.
- For information about using tools for online learning, visit the Center for Instructional Technology’s Student Resources page.
- Need new backgrounds for Zoom? OIT has you covered! Download these backgrounds and use them in your Zoom meetings to make it feel a little bit more like UA.
- Take a break and explore UA’s many museums through their daily live-streams. Each museum will continue to provide educational outreach through daily programming featuring experts in various fields, offering Q&A time for those watching at home.
- Guide To Internet Plans For Low And Fixed-Income Households (outside source)
Mental Health and Well-Being
- Read tips for coping with social distancing from Dr. Crystal Dillard, psychology clinic director at UA.
- Look at the Counseling Center’s website for tips on social distancing and stress management, as well as information about counseling services.
- Visit the CDC’s guide for stress and anxiety management.
- Looking for help in the digital age? AL.com put together a list of websites and apps to help with stress and anxiety.
What to Do if You Feel Unwell
If you’re concerned about symptoms you’re experiencing, or you want to know more about preventing illness, visit the University’s health information page. Two pages within that site might be of particular interest:
- Illness Prevention — includes information about symptoms
- General FAQs — includes specific instructions for faculty, staff, and students who feel sick