Participants in our education specialist degree program develop instructional leadership skills for working with programs that serve young children with and without special needs and their families.
In addition to meeting the Graduate School’s admission requirements, a student interested in the EDS program must have earned a master’s degree with appropriate prerequisite Class A certification.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Pay the application fee. The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international students. Please note that application fees are non-refundable. The application fee is waived for the following groups:
- Veterans and current members of the US military (please email your DD 214 or current assignment orders to email@example.com).
- Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program students (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details).
- University of Alabama undergraduates applying to a graduate program in the same subject area. To qualify for this application fee waiver a student must have no time break between the undergraduate and graduate program and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Applicants who have previously enrolled in Graduate School at The University of Alabama.
- Within 48 hours of completing steps 1 and 2 you will receive an email with your Campus Wide Identification (CWID) number. It is VERY important that you keep this number somewhere safe.
- Submit supporting documents and check application status by selecting Manage Documents.
EdS Program of Study for Early Childhood Special Education
Please contact the Office of Student Services (205.348.6073) if you need a readable copy of the program of study.