The Collaborative Teacher Program (CTP) leads to a undergraduate or graduate degree with certification at the Alabama Class “B,” “A,” or “AA” level, with endorsement at the elementary level as a Collaborative Special Education Teacher (K-6) and/or at the secondary level as Collaborative Special Education Teacher (6-12). Students are trained to serve students in co-taught, self-contained, and resource classrooms. Our program provides students with well balanced course work and practical experiences leading up to culmination internship. CTP interns experience student teaching in both elementary and secondary school settings.
- Program GPA of at least 2.75
- Successful interview with CTP faculty regarding goals, objectives and teaching philosophy
- Passing score on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators test. The praxis tests are administered by ETS.
While taking SPE 304, all students will complete the CTP application for submittal to student services located in 104 Carmichael.
- BSE Program of Study for Collaborative Teacher Program
- Students are required to purchase Livetext (usually purchased during EDU 200 or SPE 300)
- Practicum placements will be assigned based on course rotations.