Practical experience is a key component of students’ educational preparation for work in the sport industry. All students in the MA in Kinesiology with coursework focusing on sport administration/management will complete an internship prior to graduation. This internship may be completed with any organization in the sport industry in a field or position related to sport communication, business, or administration. The work involved in an internship should approximate that of a full time position with the organization. Ideally, the internship will serve as a tool to help a student progress in his/her chosen field.
RECENT STUDENT INTERNSHIPS
Students graduating from the program have completed internships with a variety of organizations, ranging from professional sport, to collegiate sport, to recreational sport.
- Atlanta Falcons
- Talladega Superspeedway
- Crimson Tide Productions
- Southeastern Conference
University of Alabama Athletic Department
- Baseball Operations
- Business Office
- Crimson Tide Hospitality
- Event Management
- Facility Management
- Football Operations
- Marketing, Promotions, and Trademark Licensing
- Softball Operations
- Strength and Conditioning
- Ticket Office
- Tide Pride
- Tuscaloosa Parks and Recreation Authority
- University of Alabama Student Recreational Center
RESOURCES FOR FINDING AN INTERNSHIP OR JOB
- The University of Alabama Career Center – All UA students and alumni can set up a login and password by clicking on “Applicant Login.”
- Team Work Online – Resource for careers in professional sports.
- NCAA Career Center – Resource for careers in collegiate athletics.
- Sports Careers Institute – Links to a variety of sports job utilities.
- Cosmos Sports – Free resource for job seekers.